After interviewing my web host, I realised that it was both pretty scary and heaps of fun – so naturally, I wanted to do it again! This episode, therefore, is the first of the newly-rechristened Paid to Play Podcast, where I talk with folks who are making money out of having fun.
I’m quite proud to have as my first guest someone who’s getting paid to play the way I want to be – by writing superhero action novels. Raymond Masters has already completed and self-published Forging Truth (you can buy it both in paperback and as a Kindle e-book on Amazon) and is currently touring blogs across the globe to spread the word about both it and his next novel, Corrupting Truth. He has a Kickstarter campaign underway to fund his promotion of both books.
In this podcast, we get to to have a good geek-out, talking comic books, science fiction and TV in between finding out just how Ray gets paid to play.
Are you curious?
What’s your favourite comic book and / or super-character (hero or villain)?
What superpower do you wish you had, and what would you do with it?
What’s the novel you’ve been meaning to write / finish / publish?
If You Want To Skip Ahead
- The Interview Begins: 02:39
- Going from Fan to Author: 03:14
- Three Years on Forging Truth 05:00
- Kickstarter: 07:00
- The Difference Between Comic Books and Novels: 10:00
- In Five Years’ Time? 11:35
- Trilogy vs. Ongoing Series: 13:00
- “The Grim Wars” 16:20
- Self-Publishing via e-Books 18:15
- Plugging the Blog Tour: 20:45
- Seeking Interviewees: 21:13
- Nothing To See Here: Raymond Masters on WordPress
- Forging Truthon Amazon (not affiliate links)
- The Truth Saga Kickstarter Project
- Raymond’s GoodReads profile
- The Hitch-Hiker’s Guide to the Galaxy